Causeway Seafood Restaurant
Duration: 1-2 hours
Bummers: Slow-mo service..Tss..
Find your dim sum soulmate at Causeway..
Chinese food is my most favorite cuisine that is why when my friends said let’s eat at Causeway tonight, I didn’t think twice. I have never been to Causeway but I heard that it was a great Chinese restaurant. I wasn’t disappointed in terms of the quality of the food that they are serving but I was just quite disappointed with their very slow service. Anyhoo, since the food was really great, we didn’t mind waiting.
Causeway seemed to be the dim sum heaven on earth. Dim sum is a Chinese dish that is served in small portions much like an appetizer but it can also be eaten as a main dish. You’ll find the waiter pushing the dim sum cart at Causeway like an angel moving around heavenly goodies. You’ll be completely tempted to try out different types of dim sums but my favorite, and probably 99% of people who have eaten at Causeway and the other 1% might like but unfortunately they have allergies, is shrimp dumplings or hakao. Hakao is a steamed dumpling where pieces of shrimp are placed inside a thin sheet of soft egg dough.
We also had a taste of the shark’s fin dim sum and pata tim dim sum. The shark’s din dim sum tasted great while the pata tim is very soft and tasty that it melts in your mouth.
Before we even started with the main dish, we were already quite satisfied. Yet, the food was really great that nothing can stop us from eating some more. We had Yang Chow Fried Rice, Fried Sparerib with Salt and Pepper, Causeway Fried Chicken, and Fried Lapu-Lapu Fillet with Taosi for our main dish.
The Yang Chow Fried Rice was good however it was quite cold when we ate it since they serve it first and all other dishes were served a little later.
The Fried Sparerib with Salt and Pepper was really good. It tasted great and it was fried to perfection.
The Causeway Fried Chicken falls right off the bones when you eat it just like the popular fried chicken that we love that is sarap to the bones. It was fried right so it didn’t dry up that you can taste the flavor.
The Fried Lapu-Lapu Fillet with Taosi was my least favorite among these. The fish fillet was so soft which is great but I wasn’t amused by the sauce. Maybe I should try other fish fillet dish next time.
Spread some awesome..ness..